Beyond Transit: Corridor Planning
How can we get the most from the investment in LRT in Scarborough?
To fully leverage the investment in the Eglinton East LRT, we are launching a study this summer to identify the opportunities to support complete communities along the LRT route. With public and stakeholder engagement being a key part of this study, we will be needing your help to answer questions such as:
- What do we want the LRT streets to look like? (i.e. Eglinton, Kingston Road, Morningside, Sheppard, Neilson)
- What specific places, businesses and communities along the LRT route should we focus on?
- Are there opportunities to support access to LRT stops by walking, cycling, transit, or other?
- Are there opportunities for supporting economic and social development?
Fall Working Sessions in the Community
In the fall, the Eglinton East LRT team will be in your community. We will be talking, walking and working with local residents and businesses. These on-site workshops will take place in both daytime and evening sessions to allow as many people to participate as possible.
Purpose: To work with residents, businesses and stakeholders to:
- Gain a deeper understanding of site-specific issues and opportunities
- Start to describe a vision
- Confirm directions/priorities (public realm, economic development, social development)
Planning Study Timing:
- Summer 2018: Understanding the corridor and ideas development
- Early Fall 2018: Developing the components of the plan through public engagement and analysis
Findings will be submitted in a report to Council in the first quarter of 2019.