Kennedy Station and Crosstown Integration
- Eglinton Crosstown is currently under construction with underground stop at Kennedy Station
- 2009 EA concept for LRT did not include underground connection to Kennedy Station
- 2017 update to LRT design includes extension of platforms to accommodate 90m trains
- Need to coordinate the LRT portal and Scarborough Subway Extension tunnel coming out of Kennedy Station
Kennedy Station Connection
Coordination with Scarborough Subway Extension
- Advance portal connection to conceptual design and updated cost estimate
- Complete the traffic study to determine intersection operations of Eglinton Ave and Midland Ave
- Determine right-of-way elements of Eglinton Ave
- The Eglinton Crosstown LRT, Eglinton East LRT and Scarborough Subway Extension all connect underground at Kennedy Station.
- Significant work has advanced on the conceptual design of the Eglinton East LRT portal connection to Kennedy Station, to ensure coordination with the Eglinton Crosstown LRT (currently under construction) and the Scarborough Subway Extension (currently in detailed design).